Heart of the Piedmont Chapter (HOP) was chartered on June 4, 2009 with the combination of the Greensboro Sunshiners Chapter, Lou Celia Chapter, NaJa Charter Chapter and Triad Express Network.
Chapter Vision Statement:
Like the heart supplies the body with the essential ingredients for life, the Heart of the Piedmont Chapter will provide the network for personal & professional enrichment in an enjoyable atmosphere for our members while reaching out to the business women’s community for continued growth.
We know you’re busy!
Our meetings are streamlined and our programs are focused on professional development. We provide networking opportunities at each meeting and a safe and fostering environment for women to connect, learn and grow.
Members of our league include current and past national officers of the American Business Womens Association and honorees:
- 2018 Top Ten Business Woman, Sharon Godbee
- 2016-17 National Vice President, Sharon Godbee
- 2017 Top Ten Business Woman, Toby Page
- 2012-13 District IV Vice President, Toby Page
- 2009-2010 District IV Vice President, Barbara Pederson
- 2006-2007 National President, Robin Necci
- 1999-2000 National President, Terry Howard
- 2002 Top Ten Business Woman of the Year, Terry Howard
HOP is a member of the Piedmont Triad Area Council. The council includes 9 chapters in 6 North Carolina counties. The council provides a forum to exchange best practices information/ideas and sponsors our annual American Business Women’s Day celebration.
Activities That Set Us Apart:
- Member incentives program
- Chapter installed in 2009 and has won Best Practices awards for seven years running!
- Currently has a member who is treasurer of our local council – PTAC
2017 National Women’s Leadership Conference Heart of the Piedmont members receiving recognition for Best Practices Level I
Piedmont Triad Area Council Meetings:
February, April, June, August, October, and December